Representing the Lynchburg Virginia MSA
Since 1883, the Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance, formerly the Lynchburg Regional Chamber of Commerce has worked to promote regional economic growth and to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of the Lynchburg region.
The Alliance has been accredited since 1973, and recognized nationally with a select number of Chambers for our 20+ Year U.S. Chamber of Commerce Accreditation and Five-Star Rating since 2006.
The Alliance represents Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford and Campbell Counties; the Towns of Altavista, Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford and Brookneal; and the City of Lynchburg.
The Alliance focuses on promoting entrepreneurial start-ups, business expansion and retention, and new job creation; advocacy; workforce development; connecting people and businesses; community, minority, and small business development; and the cultivation of local and regional leadership.
In 2016, the Alliance combined the longstanding work of the Lynchburg Regional Chamber and the Region 2000 Business & Economic Alliance. This merger brought the 130-year-old Chamber of Commerce and our regional economic development entity under one roof.
Creating a region where businesses and individuals thrive.
To lead regional economic development through:
- Enhancing the Business Climate
- Cultivating Talent
- Generating Jobs & Investment
- Promoting our Brand & Image Globally.
Our Core Values
- Agile - We embrace, and in many cases, initiate change so that we increase our effectiveness and impact.
- Accountable - We are good stewards of the investment our stakeholders make and keep them abreast of our results.
- Beyond the Business Card - We love to help our members and stakeholders and commit with every interaction to go beyond just knowing what’s on their business card. We ask “how can I help you today?” and aim for our work to inspire admiration or wonder every day.
- Integrity - Our words and actions are honest, sincere and collaborative.
- Bold - We believe that big thinking leads to big results. We commit to being curious, to thinking more about what’s possible not what’s holding us back, and to helping our members aim high.
- Champion Free Enterprise - We believe in the system of supply and demand and work to protect a free market economy where business can thrive.
- Show our Southern Hospitality - We are welcoming, warm and hospitable to prospective residents and businesses. We want them saying… “I love this region!”
- Support Opportunity & Prosperity - We will strive to identify and advance solutions to help close the equality of opportunity gaps.