Cultivating Talent With a Strong Workforce
The Alliance’s talent development strategy ensures that we are armed with a strong talent pipeline to meet the demands of business in our region. Our role is to connect today’s workplace with tomorrow’s workforce and to assist in Workforce programs which includes:
- Execution of Workforce Strategic Plan
- Leverage target sector based partnerships to position career pathways from K-12 Education through employment
- Enrich the Workforce System through technologies that streamline customer service experiences
- Act as the organizational catalyst to the regional workforce system
- Develop and deploy messaging that effectively communicates the workforce system and services to stakeholders (Employers, Job Seekers and Service Providers)
- We have a strong and active relationship with Virginia Career Works Central Region to help provide education and training
- We are emphasizing relationships with Central Virginia Community College to ensure that its Center for Business, Industry and Government is responsive to the needs of local businesses.
- We have strong relationships with the Virginia Employment Commission to provide our members with ready access to the latest employment statistics and demographic data.
- The Alliance also partners with other organizations such as the Lynchburg City Schools’ Partners in Education program and the Region 2000 Area Network for Employment.
- The Alliance supports and promotes the Young Professionals of Central VA in their efforts to attract and retain young talent in the region
- We are also involved with staying up to date with the labor market. Find out more about Labor Market Information
In addition the Alliance supports educational programs that develops science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) that will help students develop a passion for it and hopefully pursue a job in a STEM field to include STEM Academy, Robotics, Future Focus Foundation, and STEM Network. The Alliance is proud of its commitment to improving the business climate by focusing on a resource that no business can live without - a first-rate regional labor force.