The Alliance is Addressing Workforce Issues
Workforce programs include:
- We offer exclusive discounts on training and assessment with our partnership through the Virginia Manufacturers Association. View Manufacturing Overview and New Benefits.
- We are active in the strategic planning of the Region 2000 Workforce Investment Board.
- We are emphasizing relationships with Central Virginia Community College to ensure that its Center for Business, Industry and Government is responsive to the needs of local businesses.
- We have strong relationships with the Virginia Employment Commission to provide our members with ready access to the latest employment statistics and demographic data.
- The Alliance also partners with other organizations such as the Lynchburg City Schools’ Partners in Education program and the Region 2000 Area Network for Employment (RANE).
- The Alliance supports and promotes the Young Professionals of Central VA in their efforts to attract and retain young talent in the region
- We are also involved with staying up to date with the labor market. Find out more about Labor Market Information
These are only a few of the many workforce development organizations the Alliance actively supports and participates in. The Alliance is proud of its commitment to improving the business climate by focusing on a resource that no business can live without - a first-rate regional labor force.