Renovations Continue on Alliance's New Headquarters
Progress on the Alliance’s future Regional headquarters continues with the expectations of completion before end of third quarter. Staff offices are taking shape with new windows and doors to be installed in the weeks ahead with some windows that will be noticeable as you travel down Fifth Street. The bathrooms have been remodeled and have been to painted. New flooring has been selected for the main hallway and offices. The $1.35 Million project will be the home of the Region’s premier business organization that represents our thriving, innovative and collaborative business community. More updates will be available as the construction continues.
Alliance Unveils New Rendering of Future Headquarters
The Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance future headquarters was unveiled at its February Annual Meeting. The Regional business headquarters construction has started. L.G. Flint General Contractors was selected to do the project. Stay tuned for more details. View here for video of progress.
Alliance Board and Staff Involved in Charrette for New Alliance Headquarters
In Alliance staff and board members met downtown to view concepts for their new headquarters. Atelier 11 Architecture, LTD
The first phase will focus on renovating approximately 8,000 sq. ft. of the existing building. Included in the design are functional and attractive offices for staff, meeting rooms for large and small meetings, renovations of the outdoor patio and entrances as well as exterior signage to the building with visibility from points in the city. Megan Lucas, CEO of the Alliance commented, “The Region’s premier business organization is going to be in a facility and location that represents our thriving, innovative and collaborative business community. In this Region, success is simple and the Alliance headquarters shepards into our Region an era of growth and opportunity.“
Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance Purchase James River Conference Center
In January, the Alliance combined the business and economic development resources of the Lynchburg Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Region 2000 Business and Economic Alliance into the new Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance. One of the first orders of business was to evaluate the best options for the location of the new entity as well as potential synergies with like-minded organizations. An offer was presented to the board and its building committee to purchase the James River Conference Center (JRCC) located downtown at 301 Fifth Street, which included the conveyance of both the current Memorial Avenue and the Border Street properties which was slated to house the Chamber prior to the merge. Agreed upon valuations of these properties would be credited against the purchase price of the JRCC.
The staff, finance & building committees as well as the board of directors conducted a thorough assessment of the option and at their most recent board meetings the Alliance Board of Directors
and the Alliance’s Foundation Board of Directors, unanimously voted to purchase the JRCC.
Why The James River Conference Center?
- The James River Conference Center has 24,450 square feet with significant office space and plenty of meeting and conference space for Alliance usage.
- The JRCC offers the Alliance the opportunity and space to collaborate with tenants with similar missions and emphasis on business and commerce to create a true “regional center for commerce.”
- This facility is easily accessible from our highway network located in the urban center of our Region benefiting from its momentum and synergy.
- The Border Street renovations became more costly due to deterioration of building whereas James River JRCC affords the opportunity to get into a new facility more quickly and for less initial investment.
- In the coming weeks, Alliance staff will be working on logistics and a fast-tracked timeline to relocate operations
- $1.325 million raised to date
The Alliance’s new location at 400 Court Street will do a better job of working to strengthen the local economy and enhancing our quality of life, offering the following benefits to Alliance members and our Region:
- A positive image projected to employers, residents and visitors reflecting the Lynchburg region as a vibrant and progressive community.
- An exceptional meeting space provided for Alliance members.
- Facility expansion and improvements will allow the Alliance to offer more professional development and continuing education programs for Alliance members.
- The new building design ensures that we are utilizing the most amount of space with the least amount of funds.
“The new location for the Alliance offers a fantastic venue for networking experiences to help small businesses like MaxPlayFit achieve better exposure with other business professionals in the region. I have been a Chamber and now Alliance board member throughout the entire process of searching for a new location and am very excited for the opportunities that this new location provides.”
- Pat McNamara, CPSI, owner of MaxPlayFit, LLC
“Businesses are the lifeblood of this community, and the Chamber of Commerce is the leading organization that represents these businesses. This campaign is about our community and leadership of business in the community and it has the full support of the Chamber Board of Directors.”
- Tulane Patterson, Past Chamber Chairman, Generation Solutions
“On behalf of City Council and The City of Lynchburg I would like to reiterate our great appreciation for all that the Chamber of Commerce does to enhance the economic environment in our region and to contribute to our quality of life. We are excited about the Chamber’s plans to create an exciting new front door for the region in the form of its new headquarters building. The success of the Chamber’s building campaign is essential to the Chamber’s success, and the success of the Chamber is essential to the health of our community.”
- Michael Gillette, Mayor, City of Lynchburg